Sunday, February 9, 2014

Updates and Mostly Good News





Hey all,

I am enormously pleased with the response to my proposal for the March Madness Non-D&D OSR Blog Challenge. Some bloggers who I respect immensely (check the replies to the original post to see who, and check out their blogs!) have all come on board. In addition, the post has reached just shy of 200 reads, tripling any of my previous posts and (hopefully) foretelling a good time for both readers and writers in March.

As for the questions, I thought about changing them based on suggestions, but ultimately have decided to put it out into the world warts and all. The only 2 improvements will be the following clarification in question 2:

“2 What was the first character you played in an RPG other than D&D? How was playing it different from playing a D&D character?

Also, I will be adding “… played or want to play…” in the questions about system (questions 7 to 15) because, let’s face it, there are so many great games we are dying to play but just haven’t gotten around to. I will send out a reminder about the challenge around the 20th of this month.

There is a spot of bad news – I was actually planning to go to a small con and do some (GASP!) actual roleplaying in March, but sadly family concerns have made it impossible. I am sure March Madness will make up for it.

Always end on a high note they say, so HEREis a link to a story, “The Coast,” that got published last week in Canada. If you like historical fiction, you may enjoy my imagining of an incident that happened to my Inuit ancestors on the coast of Labrador in the mid-eighteenth century.


I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for reading.

PS: If you are interested in Weird Japan, check out  Zack Davisson's blog Hyakumonogatari!

No comments:

Post a Comment